Thursday, November 29, 2012

Using Elements Outside your Theme.


I have been busy with Christmas cards and while making one last night in a Vintage theme I decided I was going to use my new  die-cuts not related to Christmas in the traditional sense but because we live in Hawaii I wondered if a little palm tree would add an exotic touch.    I also wanted to use a little bird and cherry branch so I added some music notes to have him appear  to be singing a Christmas carol.

 

Experiment with your die cuts and  by using silver or Christmas print papers  you will have them fitting into a holiday theme that you didn’t dream possible.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards- love the Palm Tree die on your card- and the Vintage feel to it. Love the Bird w/embossing and the music she is singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous!Bravo! Love the whole 'vintage' look and different elements. The palm tree works soooo well and your little bird looks like a robin! Superb! Thanks for the tip and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz,

    You are so talented. Keep your creativity shining.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your feed back is always appreciated. Have a great day.